Big Al
Furry Feet
Great Britain

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Post by Big Al »

MickEssex:97804 wrote:
Big Al:97751 wrote:The best tool I've found is called a Mick, does get misplaced sometimes, needs a lot of lubrication (tea mainly) but very useful for most minor jobs . :D
:roll:  8)  :lol:  :lol:
Not every Mick is a tool...  :D  :wink:

Giz
I beat the Great MMO Challenge!

Post by Giz »

This has got to be my metrinch socket set.... fantastic piece of kit it is...

Ajay

Post by Ajay »

Self drilling screws. And of course a hammer and cold chisel and a vice.

Three morries, none going.

MM
United Kingdom

Post by MM »

I would rate a multimeter as a pretty useful piece of kit to have as well; I carry a small digital one around with me almost everywhere I go, as it comes in handy not just on the car but diagnosing household electrical stuff too.

Maurice, Kent.
1970 Trafalgar Blue Traveller

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... read=37056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Morrisand944Man

Post by Morrisand944Man »

On the subject of Dads and tools, my dad gave me all his old Whitworth spammers when I first got my first Minor. They are still my favourite spanners to use, especially the 1952 vintage 1/4 Whitworth Britool I have, cheers John

East Kent Vehicle Restorations, http://www.ekvr.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dibble wedding car, http://www.johngmatthews.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

katlover33

Re: Best tools (what's your little gem?)

Post by katlover33 »

Just to bring a smile to a dead topic, here are my two favourites, first my Estwing for when you really need to be a lumber jack at a party, it has a leather belt pouch for concealed carry. :-) I am being silly here, still it is the sort of thing that one likes to show to the ladies. :-)
Estwing.jpg
It does not break, my son covets it. ( I would not let him take it to school :-)
Estwing.jpg (83.26 KiB) Viewed 696 times
It does not break, my son covets it. ( I would not let him take it to school :-)
Then my really best tool is a German "WITTE" it's a cross between a Mole and a Stillson, it opens up to around five inchs and does not let go. Bought it when I was in London forty five years ago for about six quid and never seen another one like it.
witte.jpg
When you need to get hold of something and not let go.
witte.jpg (99.61 KiB) Viewed 696 times

Negative Utilitarian cat lover

cococola
United Kingdom

Contribution Stars

Re: Best tools (what's your little gem?)

Post by cococola »

Bit of a small tool beauty is my extendable magnetic tool for collecting that lost bolt,screw or clip that fell under the car or down the back of the dash that you cant get to.
It has got me out of trouble so many times for those out of reach items. :)

:grommit: I LOVE MY MOGGIES :love4: