Hello from Scotland

If you are new to the board or have never made a post before, don't just lurk around, post in here and introduce yourself and your Minor if you have one. It would be great to hear from you.
MoggyJohn
United Kingdom

Re: Hello from Scotland

Post by MoggyJohn »

She was certainly worth the wait. Great fun to drive and exactly as she’d been described. A credit to her previous owner (as are all his cars!). A couple of small niggles to sort out but overall I think she’s in great order.

The only dampener, quite literally, was all the rain. Which still persists! :?
Plin wrote:
4 days ago
:D Worth the wait I'm sure - hope the long drive home was a pleasant experience?

MM
United Kingdom

Post by MM »

Car looks in fine condition. What is the year? I notice you appear to have the later (1962-onwards) windscreen wipers, yet with pre-1962 semaphore indicators, and Mini type front indicators.

Maurice, Kent.
1970 Trafalgar Blue Traveller

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... read=37056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MoggyJohn
United Kingdom

Post by MoggyJohn »

She was registered on 1st Jan 1962, so presumably manufactured in 1961. The car was extensively restored by Charles Ware in 2012.

She does indeed have the clap hand wipers, mini style indicators and working trafficators.

MM
United Kingdom

Post by MM »

Ah, I thought it had the later type wipers. :oops: Could well be one of the last 'clap hands' models - worth checking out the chassis number, to see how it compares to this:

October 1961
Flashing direction indicators incorporated into front and rear lamps.
Semaphore type direction indicators discontinued.
Glove compartment lid removed.
Windscreen washers fitted on De Luxe models.
Seatbelts anchorage points built into all models.
New range of colours and upholstery offered
Two-door saloon #925555, four-door saloon #925448, Convertible #947088, Traveller #925679

Is yours a 948cc or 1098cc?

Maurice, Kent.
1970 Trafalgar Blue Traveller

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... read=37056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MoggyJohn
United Kingdom

Post by MoggyJohn »

Thanks for that, that’s interesting. I’ll have a look at the chassis number later. It was originally a 948cc. It was changed to a 1098cc by the previous owner. It only has a glove box lid on the passenger side, though it does look like the holes etc are there to accommodate one on the drivers side too. It’s more handy the way it is though.

The vehicle history file is coming in the post today (I forgot to take it with me when collecting the car). It will be interesting to get another read through that as well.

Update...

Looking at the vehicle history file it was actually first registered on 7th June 1961.