VW Corrado VR6

A forum to discuss everything to do with modern cars.
imagoodbloke

VW Corrado VR6

Post by imagoodbloke »

Hi Guys
I know there are some experts out there, whose knowledge far extends beyond Minors, so hopefully someone will be able to help.
My sons Corrado will not start, after breaking down. We have spark at the plugs, fuel to the injection rail. Checked voltage to injectors, only 4.8 volts. ( should it be 12v ) we don’t know where the feed comes from. ECU perhaps, although searching on the net, suggests the ecu only controls the grounding, to enable the injectors to pulse. Would it be ok to give the injected rail an alternative feed, or could that fry the ecu?
Any help, advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards Pete

plastic orange
Scotland

Contribution Stars

Members Choice Award

Re: VW Corrado VR6

Post by plastic orange »

Probably best to ask this question on one of the many VW sites as it's more than likely been answered there. What i do know about VW's is that their electrics are a constant bugbear to owners. Alternatively, get a cheap code reader and see what's happening, but that in itself could only be a rough guide. When I foolishly bought a seat Ibiza for my daughter, the brake light switch caused a limp home mode to activate, and replacing switch cured it for about a month. I'm not a fan of VAG motors.

PO

Undefeated best Orange Hawaiian award Pateley Bridge 5 years in a row.

imagoodbloke

Re: VW Corrado VR6

Post by imagoodbloke »

Hi, thank you for your swift response.
My son did post the problem on a VW site, but didn’t get any suggestions that we hadn’t tried.
We did connect a fault reader, but it showed no faults ??
All investigation seems to suggest that the ecu completes the circuit by creating the ground. Being of simple mind, I’m tempted to disconnect the supply that is only giving 4.8v and provide 12v to the injectors from another sauce. But..............
Thanks again for your help. Pete