What Disk brakes?

Rebuilding, adjusting, maintaining & alternatives

What Disk brakes?

Postby EYV1965 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:52 pm

I bought a minor with disk brakes already fitted, the dealer said that he could not give me any of the invoices in the vans history due to the previous owners address as it goes against data protection, so i have no idea where these brakes are from!!

They are vented disk brakes, and sadly one of the wire clips are missing on one size, and after trying to remove the caliper i found that i could not due to an odd sized (what looks like) Allen key where they are bolted together.

I purchased a clip from ESM but they are different to the one on the other side, and looks to be smaller.

Does anyone recognise a disk brake that has an allen key or something similar? and clearly is not from ESM?

Unsure what to do, as the brakes work fine, they are basically brand new and really good, but i need parts for them and im also going to find it hard to take them apart when changing the pads??

im a bit stumped to be honest?? :oops: :oops: :?:
EYV1965

Great Britain (GB) UK Devon (dz)

Re: What Disk brakes?

Postby old english white » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:38 am

Post up a picture? Somebody might recognise the brakes? I've never seen the need to fit modern brakes to my Minor but it seems a popular mod. Ford parts are often used I believe. Could you take the clip or a pad to a motor factor locally?
old english white

Return to Suspension, Steering & Brakes