1380cc build

Common upgrades - A-Series mods, brakes,wheels, handling, interior.

1380cc build

Postby Kztom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:06 am

Hi guys,

I am doing a budget 1380 build, I acquired a 1275 engine for £15. Completely seized. Iv stripped the engine down and was going to overbore it to +020 or something, just to get past the bore pitting. (Its been left outside with the head off). Doing a bit of shopping online for new pistons and came across a set of 73.5mm second hand powermax, Af20659 STD 9cc dish, so I bought them. I know about the offset bore etc etc and im no stranger to engine builds.

My question is, is the 9cc dish too much for a regular engine, ie.. none turbo? I've worked the compression out (roughly, as the engine is not even bored out yet, so I cant mock build to measure deck height etc) everything is standard apart from the bore size and 9cc dish pistons, using a bk450 headgasket. I keep working it out at around 8.4:1 , which i would like it to be more.

I've seen so many conflicting reports on these 9cc pistons , mainly from the mini guys, some say say fine, some say best for lower comp turbo builds. I dont mind skimming the head and block to achive admit decent comp if anyone has any rough figures its a 12g940 head.
Image Image
Kztom

United Kingdom (uk) UK Yorkshire (eu)

Re: 1380cc build

Postby MM » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:51 pm

Any updates on this?
Maurice, Kent.
1970 Trafalgar Blue Traveller

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.c ... read=37056
MM

Return to Mild Modifications