My long term project , morris truck v8

Anything goes - chassis, V6's, V8's etc.
It's coming along, once I get all the major components in place I'll start the wiring . I bought a speedway universal 22 circuit kit. That's the next big step. I mounted the radiator, fan and hooked up the hoses today hopefully for the last time.
Attachments
IMG_20180429_172619278.jpg
pamorrisguy

United States (us) US Pennsylvania (gh)

Went down to the hardware store and picked up some screws yesterday and mounted my air compressors to the frame. I tried mounting them to the side of the frame behind the tires but just didn't like the look of it so I ground the mounts off and decided to go with this inner location.
Attachments
IMG_20180430_194818764.jpg
pamorrisguy

pamorrisguy wrote:Went down to the hardware store and picked up some screws yesterday and mounted my air compressors to the frame. I tried mounting them to the side of the frame behind the tires but just didn't like the look of it so I ground the mounts off and decided to go with this inner location.

Is this for air ride or compressed air supercharging? Or both?
Brian

"Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, van wheels, vert shocks, arb etc.
BrianHawley

Awards: 2
Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1)

Saudi Arabia (sa)

I hadn't heard of compressed air supercharging till you just said it ,kind of an interesting concept. I had to look it up. My system is designed just for air suspension.
pamorrisguy

pamorrisguy wrote:I hadn't heard of compressed air supercharging till you just said it ,kind of an interesting concept. I had to look it up. My system is designed just for air suspension.

Compressed air supercharging is pretty rare these days. The upside is no parasitic load on the engine. Downside is you need to carry a tank big enough to get you down the quarter mile. Apparently the big problem was setting the car up on a rolling road. Took ages between runs to refill the tank each time. Turbo or Super proved a lot more practical.
Brian

"Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, van wheels, vert shocks, arb etc.
BrianHawley

Awards: 2
Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1)

Saudi Arabia (sa)

Fitted up my water separators and compressor air lines, had to wait on some fittings to make them work
Attachments
IMG_20180516_183406331.jpg
pamorrisguy

I made up a mount for my airlift air controller I made it with the same tapering hole style as some of the other parts
Attachments
IMG_20180516_183658831_HDR.jpg
pamorrisguy

Re: My long term project , morris truck v8

Postby TeHoro » Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 am

Very nice work.

I fitted airbags to my Mercury, but I had a lot more room to work with than in a Morris Minor.
TeHoro

New Zealand (nz)

Previous

Return to Extreme Modifications