Re: Sad news - RIP Roy

Post by rv8 »

BRAW

" its never the coil............."

Monty-4

Post by Monty-4 »

Sad news.

It'd odd to think that because of the nature of the internet, he will continue to help those who search for it for years to come. He was so generous with his time and left quite a considerable legacy.

MickEssex
Great Britain

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Members Choice Award

Post by MickEssex »

We have now created a new User Group on the forum for deceased members, this new group ensures that the account of anyone who has passed away gets locked down, so members cannot send PMs etc to the accounts which could automatically send email notifications to family members which can be distressing. All posts, signatures, avatars and profiles remain intact and are displayed as usual but with a colour change to their username and the text 'Deceased Member' included to remind people that they cannot reply to posts etc.

If you have any information regarding deceased members, then let one of the team know so that we can make the necessary changes.

Mick

Millerman
Wales

Contribution Stars

Post by Millerman »

MickEssex wrote:We have now created a new User Group on the forum for deceased members, this new group ensures that the account of anyone who has passed away gets locked down, so members cannot send PMs etc to the accounts which could automatically send email notifications to family members which can be distressing. All posts, signatures, avatars and profiles remain intact and are displayed as usual but with a colour change to their username and the text 'Deceased Member' included to remind people that they cannot reply to posts etc.

If you have any information regarding deceased members, then let one of the team know so that we can make the necessary changes.

Mick
Mick, very good idea. Will prevent any upset to the bereaved family by "odd" people

mrbenn
What magic door?

Contribution Stars

Post by mrbenn »

I can only echo what everyone else has said. What a sad loss to us all.

Roy would always help anyone if he could, he has certainly offered advice to me on many occasions over the 15+ years that I have had my Minor and it has been gratefully received. What a shame I never met him in person.

Sincere condolences to his family.

RIP Roy :(

Islipminor2

Post by Islipminor2 »

We didn't always agree, but Roy was a key member of this forum and particularly the MMOC forum as well and will be very sadly missed.

RIP and my very best wishes Roy.

Richard

moggiesu

Post by moggiesu »

May he rest in peace.

snowmanbill
Scotland

Contribution Stars

Post by snowmanbill »

I'm ashamed to admit that my visits have become ever more infrequent recently. Especially ashamed as I missed the passing of my great friend and confident Roy. The great garage in the sky will be feeling the benefit of your wisdom and sage advice.

ndevans
Man of Granite

Post by ndevans »

Blimey, only just found out!

Rest in Peace dear chap, we never met, but clearly share two common interests. Never been to Bo'ness, might have to make a pilgrimage in 2017.

It's never the coil.

Cheers N

N D Evans
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjDY4xbd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MOG STATUS:- Engine lift.
1969 Traveller

staffsmoggie

Post by staffsmoggie »

Very sad news. RIP Roy and thanks for all your contributions to the forums over the years.

Thoughts for Roy's family.

Amor est vitae essentia.

rv8

Post by rv8 »

anybody else noticing the lack of sarcasm and witt on the forum? coincidental?
not the same without it..... just sayin Roy. :brave:

" its never the coil............."