WELDING

Please share with us all, your guides on how to ...

WELDING

Postby custommoggy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:32 am

No matter whether you arc or mig welding when doing extensive welding always spot or stitch it first, that way if you see an error when it's all in place it'll be easier to cut out to have another try, and less likely to cause damage. also doing it this way reduces the amount of heat warp you get.
custommoggy

Awards: 1
Contributions 2012 (1)

Postby smeggy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:29 pm

It's also worth pointing out if your welding stuff from abut an 1/8th thick up preheat the weld area as you get a much better smoother weld
You may get to touch her
If your gloves are sterilised
Rinse your mouth with listerine
Blow disinfectant in her eyes
smeggy
swamp donkey

Postby cmea » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:36 pm

And, when angle grinding, make sure you cover all glass as the metal sparks melt the glass leaving spots that wont polish out! I know - been there done that, ended up changing window and rubber seals!!
cmea

Awards: 3
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1)

Postby hoseman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:20 am

cmea:70848 wrote:And, when angle grinding, make sure you cover all glass as the metal sparks melt the glass leaving spots that wont polish out! I know - been there done that, ended up changing window and rubber seals!!

And if you do happen to get a "couple" of sparks on your glass, a new shiney 2pence piece (an old one will do the job if you are hard up!!lol) lay flat on the glass and vigorously rubbed over will take most of the imbedded metal fragments out of the glass, preventing thoes little rust spots!!!
This isnt 100% but worked for me in the past
BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY.
hoseman

Return to How to (Modified)