Reminder for MMO contributions

Post up pics of Modded Minors.

Reminder for MMO contributions

Postby MickEssex » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:21 pm

For those that asked for a reminder.

Members can contribute to the MMO fund at anytime using the contribute button found in the header of the forum. Contributing members will receive the gold star on their profile (can only be awarded once in any year time period) as a thank you.

The fund pays for hosting fees and any other little things that the MMO need, to carry on giving our members a place to call home. The MMO Team Members volunteer their time for free and do a fair bit of work in the background that is mostly unseen in public, we also organise events such as the MMO National Gathering at Pateley Bridge.

A big thank you from the MMO Team for making our forum a great place for anything Minor and a pleasant place to be even for an informal chit-chat.

Onward and upward!
MickEssex

Awards: 11
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1) Contributions 2019 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1)
Members Choice Award (1)

Great Britain (GB) UK Essex (.m)

Re: Reminder for MMO contributions

Postby MickEssex » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:31 pm

Just a quick post to let everyone know that we have just paid the hosting fees for the next 12 months.

A big thank you to all our members who have made a monitory contribution over the past 12 months to the MMO Fund it is very much appreciated by all of us.

At present we are paying an additional monthly fee to our hosts as we are running 'out of date software' on the forum and our hosts are charging us extra every month for additional support. I have been developing a new site which is fully up to date which I hope to migrate the forum over to within the next couple of months. There will be a few changes, somethings will no longer be available as they are very rarely used, but there will be some new additions. I will make a post nearer the time giving a more in-depth changelog and a schedule for the migration. Unfortunately, it will mean that the forum will be unavailable for at least a couple of days while I implement the changes as it isn't going to be a straight forward switch, I'll give plenty of notice of when this will take place. There may be some instances over the next couple of months with things like 'Search' not working or pages taking longer to load than normal, these periods will be brief and will be kept to a minimum but are necessary as I have to do dummy runs to ensure the final migration is implemented without issues.

As soon as I do the upgrade we will no longer have to pay the additional support fees to our host.

Thank you all once again for your support over the last 12 months, but don't forget we need to start saving for next year.

Onwards and upwards!
MickEssex

Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1) Contributions 2019 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1)
Members Choice Award (1)

Great Britain (GB) UK Essex (.m)

Re: Reminder for MMO contributions

Postby Plin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:30 pm

Thanks for the update information Mick.

We do really appreciate all that you do to keep the forum running smoothly for us. Let us know if we can help at all with testing etc. Hope the migration isn't too stressful.

Already looking forward to the new and improved MMO Forum as I am sure it will be brilliant.
Plin

Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1) Contributions 2019 (1) MMO Annual Award 2016 (1)
MMO Top Tester (1)

Return to Gallery Photos (Modified)