Space framed moggy

Anything goes - chassis, V6's, V8's etc.

Re: Space framed moggy

Postby Oddjob67 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Evening Dunk,

Did you make it to the NHRA hot rod drags at Santapod at the weekend? Didyou manage to post a time.?
Lotus Minor 72 Pick-Up
Oddjob67

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby 58 MOGGY » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi Adam,nah I was hoping to get there today but just couldn’t make it,next Saturday is a rwyb all day and evening so I’m determined to get to that,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby Oddjob67 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:35 pm

You'll have to confirm if you're going as may try to get down there about 1pm. Like to see your chugga-boom perform... and watch the faces of those unsuspected spectators.
Lotus Minor 72 Pick-Up
Oddjob67

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby 58 MOGGY » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Yeah I definitely going as long as weather looking ok,I’ve been driving about a bit this weekend,first time since rolling road and on full boost and the thing is bloody scary,I had a Aston Martin vanquish try and get past me off a roundabout onto a duel carriageway ,I gave her full beans and was pulling away from him,bet he was shocked getting done by Morris minor,

Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby 58 MOGGY » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:46 pm

Decided to treat Little Mo to a new rear exhaust box,i made original one from kitchen splash back,i bought a universal box off ebay,problem with most boxes pipes into box are to small,it was a 21/2" pipe but i need 6"x3" oval,so cut back end off box and pulled all internals out,welded 2x50mm perforated stainless tubes side by side,fitted into box and stuffed wadding back into box,welded plate to back then made new piece of tube to weld to main pipe,luvely jubbly.
Hope to get to santa pod next Saturday as is a Saturday special RWYB,everybody keep fingers crossed to keep bloody rain away,!!!!
IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG
Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby Oddjob67 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:20 pm

Forecast is looking good.
there's even a chance I might be able to make it.....
Lotus Minor 72 Pick-Up
Oddjob67

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby 58 MOGGY » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:22 pm

Cool will be great to get car down strip,and be good to see ya,keeping me fingers crossed

Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby 58 MOGGY » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:52 am

I did go dragracing at Santapod last weekend as weather stayed good,there were quite a lot of people there,Never raced at santapod before and was surprised there was no scrutineering,just sign paper and go,Lots of cars seemed to be either bursting hoses and dropping antifreeze the length of track or spewing oil over start line,I sat in queue for 4 hours :evil: but finally got to have a run,i done my burnout ,lined up at tree,launched from start and then completely missed second gear,TWICE!!Arrrggg what an idiot!I managed to still beat the guy next to me in his shiny brand new Audi s3,and ran a 13.5 second quarter,really disappointed and couldnt be bothered to queue up again,so now wait to next year to try and get a better time
Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby plastic orange » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:36 pm

The wait time is why i've never gone to the likes of Santa Pod. I hate if i have to wait 10 minutes for a run, but downside is the condition of my local strip where grip and bumps are an issue. I'm still thinking about an upgrade for next season, but as it's an engine out job I'll probably not. I did get fed up this year getting beaten (just) by cars that i used to beat, but as my car is primarily used on the roads then I shouldn't be bothered (but i do :D ).
The Vag cars are getting faster each year - well modded Golf R's and Audi S3's in high 10's now. I'd need to spend a bit to match that - turbo or charger, cam, heads and converter for starters - or laughing gas.
Main thing is that you had a day out and beat a modern :D

PO
Undefeated best Orange Hawaiian award Pateley Bridge 5 years in a row.
plastic orange

Awards: 9
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1) Members Choice Award (1)

Scotland (sf) UK Scotland (.j)

Postby Fozwanger » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:43 pm

58 MOGGY wrote:Interesting moggy on eBay,done a Morris style revamp but made it another 12” wider

I’ve seen this one in the flesh, nice coach work but it’s all out of proportion and the track and wheelbase is now square. Like very odd. The guy said he had the body widened to fit over the jag axles, obviously didn’t have the knowledge on how easy it is to narrow jag axles, would’ve been a lot easier and cheaper!!!!!

Fozwanger

Postby Fozwanger » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:50 pm

58 MOGGY wrote:Got my tax renewal today for little mo,1958 Morris minor,it says on form that vehicle needs appropriate mot test certificate,I believe this is because it is registered as 2000cc,no problems as already moted

The car needs to go through a IVA test as it has been “heavily modified”, not being a kill joy but the DVLA are upping the anti on modified vehicles sadly

Fozwanger

Postby 58 MOGGY » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:53 pm

I was stunned when i saw this vw golf,he runs 8 second quarters all day in a car that looks ready to go to the shops in,no rollcage either https://youtu.be/ly2kpZCAKJE
Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Previous

Return to Extreme Modifications