Project Pick-Up.!!!

Larger 4 cylinder engines, body mods, major brake and handling modifications.

Re: Project Pick-Up.!!!

Postby Oddjob67 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:40 pm

I think it's fair to say I'm a little bored at present, things developing with Pick Up and Garage, but weather is restricting me from trying things out.
Even if it was dry, given the salt on the ground it will be 4=6 weeks before the Pick Up ventures on the black tarmac. Garage should be completed by this time as well.
So, I've dug this out from the back of the storage and thought I'd attempt to get it working once again, it's been untouched for circa 28 years.!
Before I married and lived on my own some except for a female lodger, I actually used to store it in the 'Under the Stairs cupboard" in the house. Wouldn't get away with it now.!!! (probably rightly so.?)

We used to use it as a Pit Bike at our 1/4 mile/Car Show events back in the day. It used to be transported in the "Beer Wagon" (which also had lots of Tenants Extra to carry) and provided much fun. It finally died so we restored it to this condition, fitting a Manual Honda C70 motor, micron exhaust, racing tyres, resprayed it and recovered the seat. Got used for a while and then it just got put away.

I obviously going through somewhat of a reminisce, especially when you spend Saturday afternoons down the pub with your old mates talking about things we used to do.

And So, best crack on, ready for the 2018 season.
Attachments
Monkey Bike.jpg
Lotus Minor 72 Pick-Up
Oddjob67

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby Paul WAP347 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:40 pm

How 8) is that !! must be 28-30 years since I rode that :D when it was carried in the back Rays beer wagon I'd have been in the pub with you if my water pipe hadn't burst :twisted:
Paul WAP347

United Kingdom (uk) UK England (.g)

Postby Oddjob67 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Work is coming along nicely on the St70 and DT175 Twin Shock in readiness for the Goodwood Retro Rides Weekender in May. I'll have one of them ready that's for sure.

Given weather has finally been dry and in Prep for Drive it Day, thought I'd actually get the Lotus Minor Pick Up out and give the Gearbox a try on the quieter roads lasts night.
1st time I've actually had the opportunity given the pretty awful weather we've been encountering. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed and elated that after nearly 2 years I've finally got the Flat Shift working as it should.
The Up-Shift is superb especially under acceleration. Lov'in it, Lov'in it, Lov'in it. :D

While my Man Cave is not completely finished it's dry, electrics in, and secure. So have managed to also park PU72 in there.

All coming along nicely.
Attachments
IMG_1100.JPG
Lotus Minor 72 Pick-Up
Oddjob67

United Kingdom (uk)

Project Pick-Up.!!!

Postby 58 MOGGY » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:23 pm

Oops
Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby 58 MOGGY » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Sorry keep copy and pasting people’s last message on this tappy talky thing...
Anyway looking good in new home,defo enough room for Paul to camp in lol and wap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby Oddjob67 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:43 pm

thumbnail.jpeg

Just spent this weekend preparing these for Goodwood, Retro Rides Weekender 18th-20th May 2018.

Was planning to have the Honda ST70 ready but unfortunately time was getting the better of me so turned attention to the Yamaha DT175 Enduro.
Had it stored in the garage for a number of years and decided this maybe an easier choice. Emptied the tank of the crappy old fuel. Put some nuts etc in the tank and gave it a throughly good clean. The tank was full of clog.! Removed carb and cleaned it all. All assembled and 'Bingo', we're back on it. Went straight through it's MOT and added bonus is that it now qualifies for Free Road Tax. :D

Looking forward to Goodwood next week and a mixing it with the rest of us 'Old Guys'.
Lotus Minor 72 Pick-Up
Oddjob67

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby 58 MOGGY » Sun May 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Looking good,all buffed up and somewhere to goe,niicccee!wish I could bring my bike,mmm maybe my 1981 haro freestyler,I may have to cut in half to get in little mo,should have built a traveller,doh

Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby Oddjob67 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Dunk, Once you've entertained us on track you could entertain us with your Freestyle Skills off it.

Are you camping at Goodwood this weekend? If so bring some beers and come and join us, we've a 12 man tent and 5 Guys (Not Burger Chain) staying in it.

Looking forward to seeing yours in the flesh. Heard good things about it and how much of a sleeper it appears to be.
Lotus Minor 72 Pick-Up
Oddjob67

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby 58 MOGGY » Mon May 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Unfortunately didn’t get any track time,gutted,all sold out
Yeah I’m camping,will find you guys when I get there,probably Saturday morning,looking forward to seeing yours and Paul’s Moggys to

Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby Oddjob67 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Have you managed to get on the SM stand?
Lotus Minor 72 Pick-Up
Oddjob67

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby 58 MOGGY » Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Yeah on stand

Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby Oddjob67 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:22 pm

You'll be on the SM stand with Paul. The two of you and your Moggys should get along like Cats 'n' Dogs.

See you there Mukka. :positive:
Lotus Minor 72 Pick-Up
Oddjob67

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby Paul WAP347 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 am

Adam love your Dt it would look better in my garage :lol: looking forward too seeing Dunks moggy 8) I've been having some self inflicted :oops: Bonnet issue :oops: on S/P but nothing I can't fix only done about 10 miles with the weber set up so what could possibly go wrong Old men in old cars :lol: Doing 170 mile trip :D
Paul WAP347

United Kingdom (uk) UK England (.g)

Previous

Return to Moderate Modifications