Project Pick-Up.!!!

Larger 4 cylinder engines, body mods, major brake and handling modifications.

Re: Project Pick-Up.!!!

Postby Oddjob67 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:40 pm

I think it's fair to say I'm a little bored at present, things developing with Pick Up and Garage, but weather is restricting me from trying things out.
Even if it was dry, given the salt on the ground it will be 4=6 weeks before the Pick Up ventures on the black tarmac. Garage should be completed by this time as well.
So, I've dug this out from the back of the storage and thought I'd attempt to get it working once again, it's been untouched for circa 28 years.!
Before I married and lived on my own some except for a female lodger, I actually used to store it in the 'Under the Stairs cupboard" in the house. Wouldn't get away with it now.!!! (probably rightly so.?)

We used to use it as a Pit Bike at our 1/4 mile/Car Show events back in the day. It used to be transported in the "Beer Wagon" (which also had lots of Tenants Extra to carry) and provided much fun. It finally died so we restored it to this condition, fitting a Manual Honda C70 motor, micron exhaust, racing tyres, resprayed it and recovered the seat. Got used for a while and then it just got put away.

I obviously going through somewhat of a reminisce, especially when you spend Saturday afternoons down the pub with your old mates talking about things we used to do.

And So, best crack on, ready for the 2018 season.
Monkey Bike.jpg
Lotus Minor 72 Pick-Up

United Kingdom (uk)

Re: Project Pick-Up.!!!

Postby Paul WAP347 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:40 pm

How 8) is that !! must be 28-30 years since I rode that :D when it was carried in the back Rays beer wagon I'd have been in the pub with you if my water pipe hadn't burst :twisted:
Paul WAP347

United Kingdom (uk) UK England (.g)

Return to Moderate Modifications