Rear Antiroll and Antitramp combined?

Common upgrades - A-Series mods, brakes,wheels, handling, interior.

Postby beardyjon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:31 pm

just a thought... if yo mount anti tramp bars to form a triangle to the centre (above the diff i think ford did) i belive (feel free to correct as its late and i cant quite remember) that you can combine panard anti roll and anti tramp function in one pair of bars... but they are a sod to get the geometry correct and still enough for anti roll

jon
beardyjon

Postby Custard » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:02 am

I think the angles used on the ford performed , upper radius arm,  and lateral location functions with tramp prevented because it had a radius arm above and below the axle.

I also think some models had an antiroll bar that bolted to the bottom of the radius arms. It did not bolt to the body anywhere, but because it was bolted to the lower radius arms in two places it was being twisted unless both rear wheels were loaded equally.

Sean.
Custard

Awards: 5
Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1)

Ireland (ie)

Re: Rear Antiroll and Antitramp combined?

Postby Sleeper » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:29 pm

Sean
Thank you

"I also think some models had an antiroll bar that bolted to the bottom of the radius arms. It did not bolt to the body anywhere, but because it was bolted to the lower radius arms in two places it was being twisted unless both rear wheels were loaded equally.
"

just what I was looking for...

John ;) ;)
Sleeper

Great Britain (GB)

Previous

Return to Mild Modifications