Willys Flip Front...brand new!

Traders can advertise their goods and services here. Strictly Minor related only.

Willys Flip Front...brand new!

Postby ratrodmog » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:06 am

Well I've finally got around to posting some pictures of the 'new' Willys front end for the Minor. You may have seen the 1st one at the National Rally which was taken by Mr Mark Winton (badobsession) and I'm sure he will be fitting it and posting some info about it soon.

For now, here are some pictures of what you'll be getting and priced at £350 inc VAT you won't find these anywhere else...

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_0645.jpg

***Please note that the lead time on these is up to 4 weeks and the price does not include delivery, however collection is welcomed***
ratrodmog

England (en)

Re: Willys Flip Front...brand new!

Postby ratrodmog » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:43 am

Just to clarify a few questions I've had regarding this flip front...yes I've made it but it's from an old mould done from an original buck. The laminate is two layers of black polyester gelcoat, the second with a layer of chopped strands. This is then covered with two layers of 450g matting and added foam core reinforcements for strength. See pictures below...

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

DSC_0635.jpg

DSC_0636.jpg

This is not like your standard mass produced GRP panels that are thick and heavy, it has been made very lightweight whilst still retaining a good amount of structural rigidity.
Questions, comments and critisisms are always welcomed.

Ben
ratrodmog

England (en)

Re: Willys Flip Front...brand new!

Postby ratrodmog » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Just thought I'd bump this up to see if there is any more interest out there on this panel. Get one in time for the summer shows! :D
ratrodmog

England (en)

Return to Traders (Minor related only)