Vauxhall woes Alternator now!

Somewhere to let it all out

Vauxhall woes Alternator now!

Postby greendefender123 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Bought an astra at the end of last year as my fiesta was getting worn/wornout. The astra is great to drive. Excellent fuel economy, even better then the fiesta which was a 1.2. Its got loads of power being a 1.9 diesel. I always seem to be spending on it which wipes out the mpg saving against a petrol focus. Spent £280 having the gearbox rebuilt (wasnt worth me doing it), waterpipe that runs round the rusted took ages to replace, Replaced the starter motor as it was struggling to start which was £65 and a pain to change and now the alternator has started whining and jamming up. Iv also replaced the rear springs, rear bushes, front lower arms, front tyres, cambelt and water pump i see these as wear and tear items so no problem with these but the car seems a money pit. Iv only done 12k in it since February.

Car was sound mechanically when i got it apart from a gearbox whine so i got the price knocked down. Iv changed the oil every 6k 3rd change coming up soon. Wish i had a petrol focus now. But its nice to drive and has loads of power. Just the dual mass flywheel and clutch left to go now. It had only 85k when i got it. Was the lowest miles one i could find.

Anyway rant over. Just get fed up of wasting money on new rubbish cars!

Steve
greendefender123

United Kingdom (uk)

Re: Vauxhall woes Alternator now!

Postby greendefender123 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:46 am

Just bought an alternator for £20 posted on ebay from a breakers. Im not normally lucky with these things but it comes 3 months warranty so we will see. Apparently the aftermarket alternators for these put the charging light on so genuine only it seems. As i dont really want to pay £300 for one il see how i get on.
greendefender123

United Kingdom (uk)

Postby Andy W » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Well....the suspense is killing me..! :o
Did the scrapyard alternator work or not?
The Sundogs
Rockin' rollin' rhythm & roots!
www.thesundogs.uk
Andy W

United Kingdom (uk) UK Devon (dz)

Postby greendefender123 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:27 am

Yes all in an working feels like ages ago now. Also replaced the battery the week before last even tho the current cheap one is only a year old. Bought abig bosch for it. Fires up lovely jubly now and can start the car again without going for a low drive. Done afew thousand since fitting the alternator. Cars been faultless since. Also drove it to Blackpool and back.
greendefender123

United Kingdom (uk)

Return to Rant of the day