New from Sunny Paisley,Scotland

If you are new to the board or have never made a post before, don't just lurk around, post in here and introduce yourself and your Minor if you have one. It would be great to hear from you.
Strone
New Poster
United Kingdom

Contribution Stars

New from Sunny Paisley,Scotland

Post by Strone »

Hello

I have 1958 4 door saloon, Porcelain Green on the road. Recently bought in Feb 21, Work being carried out anticipated withing the next 2 months Covid permitting . Got a new damper put on the rear suspension, Going to garage on the 12/4/21 to get 2 new spring hanger welding replacements as a wee bit rusty about that area ,rest of the underside fine. Interior all red original.
Awaiting 5 new tyres from Longstones as they are getting delivery of new batch. In process of putting new external window felt to back doors, front doors done, back doors a little more tricky.
whilst doing that replacing the springs in 3 of the door return handles, Window screen washer converted to Lucas motor at top of washer bottle but motor Kaput so have to renew.
Undersealing car and internals of doors. Putting on 2 new heritage front wings. Sourcing a proper locking fuel cap to fit the existing petrol neck funnel. Putting the car into the body shop to have painted to original Porcelain green colour.
In the future may increase the braking and fit disc conversion at front. Servo already fitted by previous owner as was Alternator and Unleaded cylinder head, Stainless steel exhaust and 12v cigarette lighter plug in point.

Had a Minor before that i used for driving practice back in 73.

Plin
United Kingdom

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Re: New from Sunny Paisley,Scotland

Post by Plin »

:D Welcome to the forum! (And welcome back to the joys of Minor driving after nearly 50 years!!)

plastic orange
Scotland

Contribution Stars

Members Choice Award

Post by plastic orange »

Hi and welcome,

PO

Undefeated best Orange Hawaiian award Pateley Bridge 5 years in a row.

MoggyJohn
United Kingdom

Post by MoggyJohn »

Hello and welcome. You’re just a few miles down the road from my mate and I, we both have Moggies. We are in East Renfrewshire. I’ll drop you a private message.

John