original parts

Cars, Spares and what's on Ebay. The better the description & pics the quicker the sale.
Forum rules
You can list anything for sale in this thread, there are however some rules. What you are selling must be legal, A location where the item is must be listed and a price must also be listed. It would also be a good idea to post photos of the item too.
Once the item/s are no longer available for sale, please make a post saying so, so a Mod can delete the topic and keep the For Sale section current. Posts will be automatically removed after 90 days

original parts

Postby 1000 parts » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 pm

I recently discovered an 1957 Morris minor 1000 that was heading to the crusher here in Alberta Canada. I was born in Leicester and currently own a 1990 rover Mini so I have a love for British cars as my Dad was a British Mechanic and we had several proper cars growing up.. The floors are shot on this car and it will never see the road again. the good news is that I saved it from the crusher as it has very good and usable parts on it. All the chrome is intact, bonnet badge rear badge, side badging. the tail lights are excellent as are the front signal lights, interior is rotted out for the most part but the speedo is excellent as are the light switches which I may be using when I put a custom dash in my Mini. all the glass is intact as are the door handles, boot handles and hinges. the banjo steering wheel is intact but the center badge is well faded. the boot lid is solid as is the bonnet but pretty pricy to get it to you I'm thinking I am going to be stripping it out and selling the parts if anyone is interested in original parts. Let me know and I will see if what you are after is on the car. The motor is gone but the gear box is still there as well as the stick shift and knob. I will try and post fotos of same in the next little while . Have to upload them from the mobile onto the computer first. Also located and early 60's Hillman lynx basically the same condition. Hate to see these old classics turned into jam cans without some sort of parts being saved.
contact me here or at my Canadian email lsquires@shaw.ca
go Leicester city foxes....
Lester
1000 parts
New Poster

Canada (ca) CA Alberta (.n)

Re: original parts

Postby vigil » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:43 pm

I could use the screw bolts that hold the lock in the door. Just the ones from the end of the door. I also need the nuts that hold the window frame in place that are located inside the door at the top. And last i need 10 fender bolts. They look to be 5/8 - i am not sure if there Whitworth or British Standard.

Thanks for your time and help,

VIGIL
vigil

Postby 1000 parts » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:13 pm

I'm going out there today and I will look to see if they are removable, this is a left hand drive Morris for the Canadian market in 1957
1000 parts
New Poster

Postby 1000 parts » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Both frames are there in perfect shape as are the screws. Some appear th be chrome while some have rust
I will put a little wd40 on them and try and ease them out
1000 parts
New Poster

Return to For Sale