Hello

If you are new to the board or have never made a post before, don't just lurk around, post in here and introduce yourself and your Minor if you have one. It would be great to hear from you.

Hello

Postby PaulP » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Hello, new to the forum and on my second Traveller, albeit some 30yrs apart. Recently bought a 65 dog with a good engine and lots of potential but in need of a lot of TLC as the pictures will show and no history....anyone recognise the Reg?
We, me and the wife, intend to do most of the renovations and there is extensive welding to be done on the chassis. I was going to outsource it but after a rough price guide from a very nice man, we bought a rotisserie and I am going to do it myself :lol: .
Any Purists should look away but our intention is to convert it into a "Woody" Pickup as we thought it would look cool and most of the Ash Frame is shot anyway.
And yes, we are aware of the structural integrity that the frame gives to the vehicle but we are using the Back Cab of a Pickup to square it off and box/rectangular section as required to tie the sides in.
Hopefully all will go smoothly :lol: and I have a heap of questions to ask but that is later after I finish working my way through all the great reads on here :D
And I will document our renovations for anyone else who has thoughts of doing the same.

Paul & Zoe

7.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg
PaulP
New Poster

United Kingdom (uk) UK Devon (dz)

Re: Hello

Postby 58 MOGGY » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi and welcome,sounds an interesting project,love a custom Moggy,I see a bigger engine in your future
Keep us all posted with lots of pics
Dunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby Plin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:37 pm

:D Welcome to the forum Paul & Zoe. Look forward to hearing about your Traveller transformation.
Plin

Awards: 10
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1) MMO Annual Award 2016 (1) MMO Top Tester (1)

Postby DaveS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:09 pm

A big welcome from me to you both.
Great intro and informative post.
Enjoy and look forward to your posts of updates.
DaveS
Duffer

Awards: 8
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1)

England (en) UK Lancashire (lk)

Postby old english white » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Welcome to this happy forum and good luck with your traveller restoration! I remember seeing your car advertised on the "car and classic" website a year or so ago very chealy The basic listing of the advert is still visible with a bit of digging and the asking price was £350.00. I'm sure it is the same car although the photos showing the registration are no longer visible.

If you find the "car and classic" website you can click on a list on the right to "view all traders" The dealer who had the car for sale is called "Minorparts of Oxford" and if you scroll down to their name and click on it you can view not only current cars for sale but also the deleted/sold adverts too.

They might know some history of the car?
old english white

Postby PaulP » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Welcome to this happy forum and good luck with your traveller restoration! I remember seeing your car advertised on the "car and classic" website a year or so ago very chealy The basic listing of the advert is still visible with a bit of digging and the asking price was £350.00. I'm sure it is the same car although the photos showing the registration are no longer visible.

If you find the "car and classic" website you can click on a list on the right to "view all traders" The dealer who had the car for sale is called "Minorparts of Oxford" and if you scroll down to their name and click on it you can view not only current cars for sale but also the deleted/sold adverts too.

They might know some history of the car?

Thanks for your welcomes....Old English White, might be the same car but ours had MG Rostyle wheels on it when we got it, certainly not for £350 :roll: that would have been a jolly nice price but the general description is correct ...... needs a lot of TLC :shock: I do know that it lived in Ealing for a while and originates from E Sussex but everything else is lost to the mists of time and so is our Traveller, soon to be our Pickup :D 8)
PaulP
New Poster

Postby old english white » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 pm

It is definitely the same car. The full advertisement had photos which showed the registration number but those photos seem to have gone now.....You can see the ugly repair to the wood at the back which is still there in your photos. It mentions changing the wheels in the advert doesn't it?
If you contact the company they should have a record of their purchase details - previous owner etc. if you want to find out more about it.
I have seen some quite successful conversions of Travellers into Pick-ups. Like everything else - you'd have to do some planning beforehand!
old english white

Postby PaulP » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:10 am

It is definitely the same car. The full advertisement had photos which showed the registration number but those photos seem to have gone now.....You can see the ugly repair to the wood at the back which is still there in your photos. It mentions changing the wheels in the advert doesn't it?
If you contact the company they should have a record of their purchase details - previous owner etc. if you want to find out more about it.
I have seen some quite successful conversions of Travellers into Pick-ups. Like everything else - you'd have to do some planning beforehand!

I'll do some more digging and as you say "It is all in the detail" :)
PaulP
New Poster

Postby plastic orange » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi and welcome,

PO
Undefeated best Orange Hawaiian award Pateley Bridge 5 years in a row.
plastic orange

Awards: 9
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1) Members Choice Award (1)

Scotland (sf) UK Scotland (.j)

Postby tailgate1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Hello from one newbie to another its a great forum.
tailgate1
New Poster

Scotland (sf) UK Scotland (.j)

Return to Introduce Yourself