Where would you like to go?

Non Mog stuff

Where would you like to go?

Postby Fingolfin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Just musing:

I'm 25, and I've lived all my life in the state of Missouri (which is in the middle of the United States, if you didn't know). I like Missouri well enough, and I have a deep love for my country, but I also have a deep love for the whole planet! I want to travel, to explore, to know as much of the world as I can before I leave it (one way or another). As a matter of fact, I've never left the United States for even a moment, despite my dreams.

So give me your input. If you had unlimited funds and unlimited time, where would you travel? Would you move to another place entirely, or just visit, or would you stay cozy in your present home?
Fingolfin

Re: Where would you like to go?

Postby woodywoodchipper » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:29 pm

Australia/new zealand

sorry but never fancied USA

have been round most of europe,north africa, eygpt, cyprus,

When its done its done (for now)
Derv Turbo Power (Joosed)
woodywoodchipper

Awards: 6
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2015 (1) Contributions 2016 (1)
Contributions 2017 (1)

United Kingdom (uk) UK Lancashire (lk)

Postby diggerjones » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Think I would go to missouri in me moggy van and pod
diggerjones

Postby The vast minority » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:53 pm

Interesting question
Stateside holidays in my 20's were many and varied. I fondly remember my times there. I was always struck by the unspoilt beauty and space once outside of the big city. Been to the places most go to. NY of course got pics on World trade 1 as a 23 year old dude with a hot girl I met weeks before who is now my wife. And still hot......
I have a profound memory of Japanese tourists at pearl harbour but I won't go into what that details.
Hawaii, LA and all that.........never did San Fran, always fancied Arkansas as I worked for a company there but strangely never made it to the offices. Been all over alaska, on a cruise up the inner passage, did that after a trip through the Canadian rockies in a Chevy trailblazer in 2004. I've still got the gold that I panned in Ketchikan :D

I went literally all over the world from 23 to 40, very obscure places that I now wouldn't want to go back to at 46.

Peru, Mexico, Gambia, Australia, Emirates, china, Malaysia, Ethiopia, honkers, and literally dozens more but these days, the very idea of getting in an airplane sickens and drains me immeasurably.

Best place in the world? Europe, absolutely no contest, I've been to 16 member states, all are very different. Most by motorcycle.

Best place in Europe, ........ probably North Yorkshire in England. Followed by
Drum roll................The alps and the Pyrenees but I'm biased towards twisty roads and motorbikes. I'm more often found hurtling round a mountain pass in Spain on a bike bike than I am driving to the shops in a minor :)
Go get em tiger....the world is out there.
The vast minority

Awards: 4
Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1) Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1)

United Kingdom (uk)

Return to Off Topic