Smart-screen

Non Mog stuff
NESTMATE

Smart-screen

Post by NESTMATE »

Does anyone know if Smart-screen are still operating? I ordered an intermittent wiper controller from them on 22 March and so far - zilch! Website says "offline" and phone not answered. Have paid £32 by Paypal so not happy. Anyone else in same boat?

BrianHawley

Contribution Stars

Re: Smart-screen

Post by BrianHawley »

NESTMATE wrote:Does anyone know if Smart-screen are still operating? I ordered an intermittent wiper controller from them on 22 March and so far - zilch! Website says "offline" and phone not answered. Have paid £32 by Paypal so not happy. Anyone else in same boat?
Any delivery date promised?

Raise it with PayPal if nothing shows up. They are pretty good at dealing with this kind of issue.

Brian

"Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, van wheels, vert shocks, arb etc.

BrianHawley

Contribution Stars

Post by BrianHawley »

BrianHawley wrote:
NESTMATE wrote:Does anyone know if Smart-screen are still operating? I ordered an intermittent wiper controller from them on 22 March and so far - zilch! Website says "offline" and phone not answered. Have paid £32 by Paypal so not happy. Anyone else in same boat?
Any delivery date promised?

Raise it with PayPal if nothing shows up. They are pretty good at dealing with this kind of issue.
Just tried the website and it seems to be okay now.

Brian

cococola
United Kingdom

Contribution Stars

Post by cococola »

As Brian says, Ive experienced supply problems elsewhere and Paypal do stepin and deal on your behalf if you request it.

:grommit: I LOVE MY MOGGIES :love4:

NESTMATE

Post by NESTMATE »

Thanks for your advice. I was about to get PayPal involved when I received an email from Smart-screen saying the order had been "shipped" and should be delivered on Wednesday10th and that another item would be dispatched if no show. No package by Thursday evening so I emailed back to that effect. I'll report again when/if it arrives. (Wish I'd bought it from Moss now!!)

NESTMATE

Post by NESTMATE »

Just for info and to tidy a loose end, Smart-screen informed me of a delay in manufacture and that I could wait or get a refund. Happy to say that the money has been refunded via PayPal. Thanks for your advice.

BrianHawley

Contribution Stars

Post by BrianHawley »

Glad to hear it was resolved.

Brian

Panky
United Kingdom

Post by Panky »

Have a look at these. I believe ESM and a few others stock them now so can't be bad.

https://www.morrisminorowners.co.uk//vi ... =1&t=12662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BrianHawley

Contribution Stars

Post by BrianHawley »

Panky wrote:Have a look at these. I believe ESM and a few others stock them now so can't be bad.

https://www.morrisminorowners.co.uk//vi ... =1&t=12662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’ve got one. Not fitted to the car yet, but wired it up on the bench and it works fine. Good range of speeds.

Brian