"Christine" downunder

Follow inspiring projects as they develop then show them off !

Re: "Christine" downunder

Postby Big Al » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:32 pm

It is looking really good. It is a shame my Alfie has come to a complete standstill.
Big Al
Furry Feet

Awards: 10
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1) MMO Top Tester (1)

England (en) UK Hertfordshire (.h)

Postby jimmy-d » Mon May 28, 2018 8:04 am

Dont worry mate,Ive come to a bit of a stand still as well! Had a wee heart attack that was totally unplanned and very inconvenient so although I am on the mend, fortunately,other issues have had to be put aside for a bit. Think that I will be able to get back to it but time will tell,motto at the moment is one day at a time so the point of this is "keep your chin up",you never know what will happen next!
how can you work to a budget when you own a morris minor?
jimmy-d

Postby Plin » Mon May 28, 2018 4:27 pm

:? Sorry to hear of your health woes. Glad you are on the mend - as you say take things one bit at a time and enjoy the good moments without fretting about silly things. Hope you feel a bit stronger every day.
Plin

Awards: 10
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1) MMO Annual Award 2016 (1) MMO Top Tester (1)

Postby jimmy-d » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:54 am

Hi,just a quick note to say all is going well and have even got back into doing a bit with "Chrissy"! As it has been so cold here of late I have been doing some small interior jobs,will try to put pics up later but installed a small extra console under the standard dash,made up some boards to go across the back panel behind the seats and have some material to cover them and also a panel (or 3 if truth be known) for the roof lining. The roof lining panel I have done in 3 sections,made from MDF board and consists of a panel above the driver,another above the passenger and one,slightly overlapping both at each end,in the middle,the explanation is a bit average but pics will explain,now I have to get busy and cover them. I have also fitted an emblem to the front grille panel that bears some small relevance to her name,again,have to wait for the pics. Will get back to the body work when weather warms up a bit,she is actually not that far off being driveable now,really just need to finish the brakes but all the small things seem to take the most time,anyway,pics to follow soon hopefully. Oh,she also has a new sibbling,unnamed to date,basically a rolling shell,it does have a driveline but no wiring and partially dis-assembled,expecting this to be more of a resto than a mod job.
Attachments
DSCF2519.JPG
how can you work to a budget when you own a morris minor?
jimmy-d

Previous

Return to Long-term Projects & Showroom