Rear Axle with 3.7 Diff fitted

Cars, Spares and what's on Ebay. The better the description & pics the quicker the sale.
Forum rules
You can list anything for sale in this thread, there are however some rules. What you are selling must be legal, A location where the item is must be listed and a price must also be listed. It would also be a good idea to post photos of the item too.
Once the item/s are no longer available for sale, please make a post saying so, so a Mod can delete the topic and keep the For Sale section current. Posts will be automatically removed after 90 days

Rear Axle with 3.7 Diff fitted

Postby wfb » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:44 pm

I currently have a Morris axle with a Wolseley 3.7 ratio diff fitted on my car. The axle is in full working order and is still on the car.
It will be removed over the Christmas holidays to make way for a new one which can handle more power.
I am look for £300 ono for the complete axle with diff. These are getting hard to come by, I had to travel 300 miles each way to get this one.
The axle is in Paisley, Scotland.

20180310_142325.jpg
wfb

Re: Rear Axle with 3.7 Diff fitted

Postby wfb » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:31 am

The axle is now off of my car and ready to go.
wfb

Postby Sleeper » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Sleeper

Great Britain (GB)

Postby wfb » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:17 pm

If anyone is interested in this axle but the distance for collection is causing a problem then I may be able to help.

On the week begining the 21st January there is a good chance I will be traveling south on a bit of a whistle stop tour. The exact day has yet to be confirmed but I should be heading from Paisley down to Newcastle and then on to Doncaster. My return journey will be back over to the west coast with a stop at Thornton Cleveleys and then back home to Paisley. I am happy to deliver this axle to a buyer free of charge if it is not to far off of my route.

The most likely route is going to be South on the M74 then across the A69 to Newcastle. Then down the A1 to Doncaster. The return journey will be across the M62 and back north on the M6.
wfb

Postby wfb » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:16 am

Discounted to £275 ovno. Coming south on Tuesday 22nd January.
wfb

Postby Bifbat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm

[b]Hi - I see the diff is still for sale on Ebay
I've had a grinding from my rear axle for the last few weeks but only when going over 55, brakes ruled out - I suspect the diff bearings and will have that confirmed in a couple of days time.
If as I suspect I need a new diff I was at the least going for a 3.9, but curious to know more about your 3.7
How did you find the car performed in the lower gears with the 3.7 - did you need the speedo recalibrating?. I'd imagine first gear start offs were also a lot easier?. My car is a 1970.
Bifbat
New Poster

Great Britain (GB) UK Scotland (.j)

Postby Panky » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:19 pm

You might struggle to pull a 3.7 with a standard engine. I've got one in my mildly tuned traveller and it's nice.
Panky

United Kingdom (uk) UK England (.g)

Postby wfb » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:16 pm

I have run the 3.7 diff with a 1098 engine for the last two seasons. My engine is standard as far as I know with the exception of an unleaded head and a cheap "sports type" air filter. I have not really experienced any down side to having the taller ratio. Around town at low speed the car didn't really feel any different but at higher motorway speeds the difference was significant. The noise level was noteably reduced as were the engine revs making the driving experience much better. Acceleration should in theory be reduced but not to the extent that I noticed that much. If carring a full load (4 adults) in the car I did find I had to work the gears abit more as the car would labour a bit on steeper hills but most of the time it was only me and my little girl and it was fine. I hope this helps.
wfb

Postby Panky » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:03 pm

That's good to hear. I agree that the gearing feels a nicer and you hang onto the gears a bit longer, and more relaxed cruising too.
Panky

United Kingdom (uk) UK England (.g)

Postby wfb » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 am

Now Sold.
wfb

Return to For Sale