My track car for sale

Cars, Spares and what's on Ebay. The better the description & pics the quicker the sale.
Forum rules
You can list anything for sale in this thread, there are however some rules. What you are selling must be legal, A location where the item is must be listed and a price must also be listed. It would also be a good idea to post photos of the item too.
Once the item/s are no longer available for sale, please make a post saying so, so a Mod can delete the topic and keep the For Sale section current. Posts will be automatically removed after 90 days

My track car for sale

Postby jonathon H » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi Peeps,

I'm about to undertake a new project car, which necessitates the sale of Horrace my track car for the past seven years.
This car 2 door saloon has been developed over the last 7 years to create an awesome handling and fast track car.
Engine is a tuned 2.0L Ford Zetec with a Rotrex supercharger. The engine is undergoing an inspection before the car goes on sale and I am estimating a bhp figure of over 300bhp with similar torque.
If required this engine will achieve 400bhp, with a few modifications, but believe me 300bhp is plenty, 0-60 in the 3-4 sec bracket and a top speed with the 4.6 LSD diff ratio is 135mph.
The gearbox is a Quaife G60 , 6 speed sequential unit with digital display. Flat shift can be added at extra cost if required. The clutch is an AP racing unit with concentric hydraulic lift.
Front brakes are based on our hubs but use 280mm AP Racing Cosworth discs and AP Racing Formula 2 callipers with track spec pads. The system uses the original Minor m/c but has a remote servo fitted.
Rear brakes are Ford Capri 9" drums, old school but very well balanced.
Front suspension is our own tried and tested coil over kit, and also our 6 link at the rear. The chassis is very sound and has our strengthening kit fitted.
Rear axle is a std Capri unit with a Gripper plated LSD, which comes with a lifetime warranty.
There is an 8 gallon alloy, foam filled and sumped with correct sized outlets.
Wheels are 108mm pcd Minilights 6 x 15 on the front with 205 /55/15's and on the rear 8x 15 with 235/50/15's Tyres are Toyo 888'rs with plenty of tread .
Interior has a full roll cage, alloy foot pads in the front, Cobra racing seats and a pair of 4 point harnesses. There is a full compliment of Rev counter, oil water gauges.
There is a Race battery with cut off and isolator switches. The car has side scoops to cool the interior and fuel tank.
This is an awesome drive, which requires full concentration and fitness behind the wheel when on track.

Note this car has only been used on track in my ownership and is not road registered, I have the original V5 which will require sending off by the new owner.

I'm quite willing to take prospective customers out on track on one of our many trackways next year.
If the prospective purchaser requires the car to be road legal, a detuned engine, respray to colour of our choice, then this work can be achieved at extra cost.

As is I'm looking for £24,000, which is about a 1/3 of the build cost.

All enquiries by email or PM unless you wish to phone me at work.
Here are a selection of photos, I have hundreds so please ask if you need to see more.

Many thanks

Jonathon
JLH Minor Restoration Ltd
Attachments
DSCF0022.JPG
DSCF0032.JPG
DSCF0036.JPG
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0001.JPG
DSCF0011.JPG
Horrace at Combe.jpg
Horrace at Combe 2.jpg
Horrace at Combe 3.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1490.jpg
DSCF0044.JPG
JLH MINOR RESTORATION LTD
www.jlhmorrisminors.co.uk
jonathon H
Tuning Wizard

Awards: 3
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1)

Re: My track car for sale

Postby jonathon H » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 pm

Although I'd rather sell complete, I'm prepared to remove the engine / box and ancillaries, and drop the price to £15,500 ovno.
jonathon H
Tuning Wizard

Postby Griffo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Are you building another Moggy, Jonathan, or a Midget?
Griffo

Postby jonathon H » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:43 pm

I have already built a 170bhp Zetec Midget with our own coil over front end disc kits and 6 link Ford rear end. The Minor is providing the funding for a new project a 2.3 turbo Ecoboost motor and 6 speed box and fully independent suspension. Long term project and my last build in terms of company demo cars.
Attachments
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15dd.jpg
jonathon H
Tuning Wizard

Postby charmbenra » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:39 am

Is this still available?
charmbenra

Postby jonathon H » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:17 pm

Yes its still for sale and will be on track at Castle Combe on April 2nd :D
jonathon H
Tuning Wizard

Return to For Sale