Which Supplier for a large order to US?

Recommend your favourite supplier here

Which Supplier for a large order to US?

Postby posti » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:13 pm

I am putting together a very large order for my 1963 Traveller that will include chassis repair panels, chrome, some trim, fuel pump, etc. Probably close to or in excess of 1000 pounds sterling before shipping. I am looking at Bull Motif, but have already had good service from Charles Ware. I also have read good reports on some other Morris Minor parts suppliers. Bull Motif has had some detractors, though a few have noted good service. Given I am ordering from the other side of the pond and returns will be problematic at best, I would appreciate some recommendations from others in the group. I have already ordered brake parts from Moss US, but they carry almost nothing for the Minors. Thanks!
posti

Awards: 1
Contributions 2018 (1)

United States (us) US Virginia (gn)

Re: Which Supplier for a large order to US?

Postby johngrigg » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:35 pm

Nothing against Bull motif but I can't go past ESM.They somehow manage to get parts large or small to Australia in a few days (getting Australia post to get them from Sydney to Melbourne is another story) but you won't have to worry about that. Amazing knowledgeable service.I guess that having their own workshop helps with that. I have had a number of repair panels from them which seem to fit well. Cheers JohnG
johngrigg

Australia (au) AUS Victoria (p.)

Postby frosty » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:46 am

:idea:

plus 1 for ESM
We're friendly ~ have a look see
http://www.morrisdownunder.com/forum/index.php
frosty

Contributions 2011 (1)

Australia (au) AUS Queensland (i.)

I wont use anyone but ESM, extremely good service, recommended without hesitation.

Al
The vast minority

Awards: 5
Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1) Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1)

United Kingdom (uk)

ESM for me too. However, I had a problem with their bumpers a few years ago and had to return them (hassle free). They said that there had been a quality issue, so i'd suggest that you ask them to check quality before sending. I think the issue was that they came already wrapped by their supplier and they had relied on them being good and just sent them without checking. Rubber components not matter who you get them from aren't particularly good these days.

PO
Undefeated best Orange Hawaiian award Pateley Bridge 5 years in a row.
plastic orange

Awards: 9
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1) Members Choice Award (1)

Scotland (sf) UK Scotland (.j)

Esm,

http://www.morrisminorspares.com/

wouldn,t go near bull motif,

When its done its done (for now)
Derv Turbo Power (Joosed)
woodywoodchipper

Awards: 7
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2015 (1) Contributions 2016 (1)
Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1)

United Kingdom (uk) UK Lancashire (lk)

Postby ruairidh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Defo ESM forget bull motif.
Be all you can be
ruairidh

Awards: 3
Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) MMO Annual Award 2018 (1)

Scotland (sf) UK Northern Ireland (ek)

Postby posti » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks for the input! I ordered from ESM - looking forward to getting the parts in. I also ordered some specialty items (grille guard/driving lights and wheel trim rings from Charles Ware Morris Minor Spares and was very happy with the service, packing, and shipping.
posti

Contributions 2018 (1)

Postby posti » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:06 pm

I got a very large order in from ESM - all there, excellent quality, and very fast (4 days to my door in Virginia). Made another order from Charles Ware more than a week ago, and then another order from ESM late Friday night which shipped Saturday! Looking to see if CW or ESM comes first.
posti

Contributions 2018 (1)

I had to order a windshield for my Mog last summer. The American distributors were, naturally, vastly overpriced, and I couldn't find any good used ones. ESM turned out to be the lowest price option - and, if you can believe it, the windshield and a load of other parts came in a big box overnight. Overnight across the Atlantic! I couldn't believe it. Won't use anyone else!
Fingolfin

Return to Parts Suppliers & Insurance