Radiator paint.

Finishing, Windows, Hoods & Trav wood etc
bumpy
Great Britain

Radiator paint.

Post by bumpy »

I assume the original Moggy radiator was painted black, but was it matt, soft sheen or high gloss?

Morris Minor 2 door saloon May 1963 in dove grey. 83,000 on original engine. Known as Moggy Moo.
Heated front and rear screens, disc brakes on front, heater, radio, refitted interior including new seats, electronic ignition.

bumpy
Great Britain

Re: Radiator paint.

Post by bumpy »

OK, I've taken a flier on this and gone for soft sheen. It looks pretty good as it hides the little age related dents better than gloss.

Next thing is to redo the hot water warning. I am guessing its done with a stencil and white paint, but cant find the stencil on sale anywhere so may make my own.

NEW QUESTION

I don't hold out much hope for an answer, but what font size and type is used.

Morris Minor 2 door saloon May 1963 in dove grey. 83,000 on original engine. Known as Moggy Moo.
Heated front and rear screens, disc brakes on front, heater, radio, refitted interior including new seats, electronic ignition.

BrianHawley

Contribution Stars

Post by BrianHawley »

bumpy wrote:OK, I've taken a flier on this and gone for soft sheen. It looks pretty good as it hides the little age related dents better than gloss.

Next thing is to redo the hot water warning. I am guessing its done with a stencil and white paint, but cant find the stencil on sale anywhere so may make my own.

NEW QUESTION

I don't hold out much hope for an answer, but what font size and type is used.
Don’t know if this helps. Out of stock at the moment, but you can ask them to let you know when they restock

https://www.morrisminorspares.com/body- ... y-p1238459

Brian

"Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, van wheels, vert shocks, arb etc.

Custard
Ireland

Contribution Stars

Post by Custard »

Well the one in the picture looks remarkably like the stencil font in my Word 2007.

Stencil.jpg
Stencil.jpg (80.94 KiB) Viewed 52 times
Stencil.jpg

Sean.

bumpy
Great Britain

Post by bumpy »

Custard wrote:
1 week ago
Well the one in the picture looks remarkably like the stencil font in my Word 2007.

Stencil.jpg

Sean.
Looking good. Just need the font size now. I guess I could find it by trial and error :)

Custard
Ireland

Contribution Stars

Post by Custard »

If you have any letter you can measure it and yes just write a few words and set the screen size to 100% so you can measure against the screen and then make sure your printer is set to actual size and not fit to page and it should all appear as expected.

If you haven't just print it a few times on one piece of paper there will only be a couple of possible sizes.

None of mine have or will have writing on, anyone else can keep their mitts off my engine and I know its hot :D

Sean.

BrianHawley

Contribution Stars

Post by BrianHawley »

Custard wrote:If you have any letter you can measure it and yes just write a few words and set the screen size to 100% so you can measure against the screen and then make sure your printer is set to actual size and not fit to page and it should all appear as expected.

If you haven't just print it a few times on one piece of paper there will only be a couple of possible sizes.

None of mine have or will have writing on, anyone else can keep their mitts off my engine and I know its hot :D

Sean.
That’s correct for certain years. Not all had the stencil.

Brian

"Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, van wheels, vert shocks, arb etc.

bumpy
Great Britain

Post by bumpy »

Interesting Brian My radiator had nothing on it and I just assumed it had worn off. I’m going with the naked look, so saved a job. :D