Re: LED lights. Interest?

Postby 58 MOGGY » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Oh yes ,I likely,very professional looking
Dunk
58 MOGGY

England (en)

Postby FMuscle » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:10 pm

Ok, we finally have a clear and sunny sky today, so I went out and connected my Moggie light in lieu of the right light on the car. Follow the link below to check it out for yourself, but I must appologise for the quality and warn once again that the video does not do justice.
In all, I am quite happy at the brightness and colour of the light in full sun, it is very visible.
https://youtu.be/0cSzcMAaoig

You may have noticed the lovely colour of the base plate, no need to worry, it is a test. I struck the best deal for the testing, the bloke had to test a few kilos of a new material and offered to use my test pieces to do his tests, free of charge. Good deal for me, as I had to redo it a couple times. The final piece will be black, UV and heat resistant, sealed and reinforced.
If you look at the pictures below, this is what you would get. ~3ft of wiring, colour coded and identified on the base plate for easy installation.
FMuscle

Australia (au) AUS Western Australia 2 (s.)

Postby FMuscle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:11 pm

Hello, Good Day, Good Evening.

This project is not dead, I do apologize for the long silence, I started a new job and got a kidney stone in the meantime. I have had a pair of the final base plates made after my last post, and I tested them for UV and weather resistance to ensure I can deliver a good product and not one that would fail in a short while. I wish I could accelerate the aging more, but I do not have what it takes to do so.

Tests (leaving them outside) included full summer sun for weeks/months, with heavy rain/thunderstorms, and all kinds of weather in between.

I am happy with the results, and I tested my supplier, to see if he could tell which of the plates I had out in the elements and which was kept inside as control and he guessed wrong.

I will start final assembly on my own set this weekend, and I'm going to my storage unit in a couple of weeks, I'll be able to fit them and get you some pictures on the car in various conditions.
FMuscle

Australia (au) AUS Western Australia 2 (s.)

Postby MartinLowe » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Sounding good!
Toby-1959 four door in Frilford Grey

Quod si non figere, maior a malleo
MartinLowe

Awards: 3
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2018 (1)

United Kingdom (uk) Jolly Roger (.f)

Previous

Return to Electrics, Instrumentation & Security