The 8th MMO National Gathering 2021

Just like it says, meets and events
mowbotman
Great Britain

Re: The 8th MMO National Gathering 2021

Post by mowbotman »

I live in Hawes no S1 well, next time you are over this way post a message and will pop down to see you, get my moggie this Saturday being delivered from Rotherham

Big Al
Furry Feet
Great Britain

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Post by Big Al »

mowbotman wrote:
1 month ago
I live in Hawes no S1 well, next time you are over this way post a message and will pop down to see you, get my moggie this Saturday being delivered from Rotherham
When you get it start a Project/Showroom page for it if you want. Is it a project or ready to go?

mowbotman
Great Britain

Post by mowbotman »

Its all done ready to go hopefully!

Big Al
Furry Feet
Great Britain

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Post by Big Al »

One calendar month to go..!

Maybe time for a countdown..?

Stonebridge Poster v2.jpeg
Stonebridge Poster v2.jpeg (748.25 KiB) Viewed 227 times
Stonebridge Poster v2.jpeg

A good turnout is already promised. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask here or PM me.

Payment of £7 per person per night will be collected by the site owner (in cash) during the first evening.

Current members hoping to attend:

Big Al
MickEssex +
Badobsesson (Mark)
Plastic Orange (Pete)
Ruairidh (Campbell)
The Vast Minority (Al)
& Phil
Stevie C
Leah & Sav
Dave & Sue Cook
Amanda & Amelia
Ewen C
Garry M +
Murry Morris Man (Henry)
RMB (Robin)
shabbychic (Dionne) +
Custard (Sean)
2fry
judb
mogimad +

Big Al
Furry Feet
Great Britain

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Post by Big Al »

If any member who knows any of the listed please remind them about the gathering as I know some don't have notifications switched on. Thanks.

MickEssex
Great Britain

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Members Choice Award

Post by MickEssex »

A lot later than usual but the countdown is now active. :D

shabbychic

Post by shabbychic »

Hello everyone, any further details about the weekend? timings / plans .. is it all systems go? 😀👍

Big Al
Furry Feet
Great Britain

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Post by Big Al »

shabbychic wrote:
1 week ago
Hello everyone, any further details about the weekend? timings / plans .. is it all systems go? 😀👍
The field should be available from about 2pm on the Friday until about noon on the Monday. Because this is a new location we are taking things as they happen. There will NOT be a Rocker Cover Derby this year. It is hoped to be reintroduce it next year. As you know it is the members who turn up who make the weekend.

There has been discussion on here about possible run outs but nothing will be decided until we are there. I will post later a list of local shops, attractions etc. FYI the nearest shops are 5 minutes drive away.

As for all systems go I hope so. Some elements are out of my hands, ie Government restriction and the weather. The field is waiting for the sun to dry out the hay so that it can be cut. Today is St Swithin's Day and so far we have had it hot and sunny here..!

shabbychic

Post by shabbychic »

Super cheers !

TDV102
England

Post by TDV102 »

I'll pop up to say hi, all being well. Will be great to see so many Minors in one place. If you see a scruffy git in a red CX5 it will be me!

RMB

Members Choice Award

Post by RMB »

I am not sure if there are any plans for the weekend but there's an event at York Dragway (Melbourne) run by the 'Straightliners' , the details and tickets are available on their website: -

https://www.straightliners.events

if anyone is interested.

Big Al
Furry Feet
Great Britain

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Post by Big Al »

RMB wrote:I am not sure if there are any plans for the weekend but there's an event at York Dragway (Melbourne) run by the 'Straightliners' , the details and tickets are available on their website: -

https://www.straightliners.events

if anyone is interested.
Thanks Robin I’m sure some would be interested. So far we have just kept it as an informal gathering with options to go for a drive locally or into the Moors or Dales.

We might need as a group to discuss or plan our weekend to include those who attend and camp and allow others to visit for a day.

For the attention of all:

The speedway track is 64 miles from the campsite via the A1(m) which is the quickest time of 1hr 20 mins. Earlybird tickets are showing £12.50 each. We don’t have to all do the same thing, we have 2 full days in camp.

So far I have kept the event with no up front fees to keep our options open at these uncertain times.

We do not have the Rocker Cover Derby this year so this frees up Mick’s time to enjoy the weekend.

The campsite is a 5 min drive from Leeming Bar where you’ll find a truckers service station with shop. The coop is in the village where you’ll also find a cafe in the Dutch Barn and some pubs. There is also a pub in Scruton and a farm shop/cafe on the main road. Bedale is 10 mins drive with many shops, cafes and pubs. The Wensleydale Railway station also has a cafe at Bedale. Northallerton is 12 mins drive with even more shops etc. There is a market on the closed high street on Saturday.

Within a 40 min drive you can visit Thirsk, Richmond, Masham or be on the North York Moors or Dales. Driving past the Catterick rifle ranges across moor like roads is interesting. The National Trust and English Heritage have properties within a nice drive away.

Of course we could also have a car to rebuild…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plastic orange
Scotland

Contribution Stars

Members Choice Award

Post by plastic orange »

I'm quite happy to go with the majority decision.

PO

Undefeated best Orange Hawaiian award Pateley Bridge 5 years in a row.