The 8th MMO National Gathering **Discussion**

Just like it says, meets and events
plastic orange
Scotland

Contribution Stars

Members Choice Award

Re: The 8th MMO National Gathering **Discussion**

Post by plastic orange »

Such is life Al, I always thought it would be cancelled as I don't think anything will go ahead this year. Very strange times ahead, and I can't see normality as we know it returning for a long time. Our Florida trip in June is cancelled, so just hoping for a refund. Still, the lockdown is forcing me to do some long put off work on my son's Minor.

PO

Undefeated best Orange Hawaiian award Pateley Bridge 5 years in a row.

Big Al
Furry Feet
Great Britain

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Post by Big Al »

This was sent out by George, the current chair of the Harrogate MG Club. The full reasons behind cancelling the show.

Social distancing, There is unlikely to be any lifting of lockdown in the foreseeable future. Many of our members are in the vulnerable age group. 

Many shows after ours have been cancelled. We need to let the Owners club know soon so the details can appear in the magazine. 

Also, how many of the public would attend if it went ahead due to travel restrictions. Would Trade or Clubs travel the distance? 

It also gives time for the public to cancel hotel bookings etc.

There are no club nights to discuss the rota for the show and also no donations for tombola or the book stall.

The printing firm is closed so we cannot print the programme.

We are also not keen to participate after all the precautions that we have taken to keep ourselves safe, it seems silly to expose any club member to the risk  in the near future.

Providing we all play our part in fighting this virus the 8th MMO National Gathering will happen next year.

Stay safe folks.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Big Al
Furry Feet
Great Britain

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Post by Big Al »

The provisional new date for our 8th MMO National Gathering is Sunday 8th August 2021. Full details will follow when known.