Pick up seat belts

Seats, carpets, trim & improvements

Pick up seat belts

Postby MogDJ » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi guys,
Just been looking at fitting a “standard” inertia reel seat belt into my pick up, but found that the mounting hole in the side sill is too close to the back panel so the reel won’t fit.
Has anyone else had this issue and any solution, apart from welding in a new anchor bush, which I don’t particularly want to do at this stage.
Many thanks.
MogDJ

United Kingdom (uk) UK Lancashire (lk)

Re: Pick up seat belts

Postby MickEssex » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:32 pm

With the seatbelts I got from ESM for my Van there was an additional bracket that was shaped like
Image1.png
with a fixing hole each end, You could bolt one end to the mount and angle the bracket slightly forward at an angle to give you a little more room for the belt mechanism, the belt also sits just above and over the sill. I have an early van with no existing mounts so had to weld mine in.
MickEssex

Awards: 11
Contributions 2011 (1) Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2014 (1) Contributions 2015 (1)
Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1) Contributions 2018 (1) Contributions 2019 (1) MMO Annual Award Winner (1)
Members Choice Award (1)

Great Britain (GB) UK Essex (.m)

Re: Pick up seat belts

Postby MogDJ » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi Mick,
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, been absent from here for a while due to family commitments etc, but thank you for the info. I will make a pair of brackets like you show, and hopefully that will do the trick. :)
MogDJ

United Kingdom (uk) UK Lancashire (lk)

Return to Interior & Trim