Do they fit? Saab 9-3 seats

Seats, carpets, trim & improvements

Do they fit? Saab 9-3 seats

Postby iprice85 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:47 am

Hi all, I've tried searching but can't seem to find an answer so perhaps someone here could help. My welding skills are non existent so I would want to use the seat mount from jlh but he isn't familiar with the 9-3 seats so he advised i ask here!

I've been looking for Saab 9000 seats but I've found some 9-3 seats nearby for a good price, especially compared to the 9000 seats I can find.

I've been looking at Alfa gt seats too, pretty sure these fit the jlh mount, plus they tilt which would be great as I have a 2 door saloon
1968 Morris Minor Saloon
Yorkshireman trapped on the wrong side
iprice85

Great Britain (GB) UK Lancashire (lk)

Re: Do they fit? Saab 9-3 seats

Postby ruairidh » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:06 pm

I have searched this forum and can only find folk with the same problem.
I know some folk have put ford ka seats in which seem to be pretty straight forward.
Sorry I cannot answer your query.
Be all you can be
ruairidh

Awards: 2
Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1)

Scotland (sf) UK Northern Ireland (ek)

Re: Do they fit? Saab 9-3 seats

Postby Custard » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:55 pm

Most things can be adapted, but if you have to do it with nuts and bolts it can be a bit more difficult.

From what I remember the JLH frame fits the Minor and then leaves a flat top to the base.

So if the seats you are eyeing up are narrow enough, remember to check the clear the handbrake fittings as well as the tunnel, and have a flat base then as long as the squab is not so well padded your head will hit the roof, in theory you should be able to use straight bars of suitable strength drilled to suit both the JLH mount and the seat and you have yourself an adapter.

Of course sod's law may intervene and the base and seat may nearly fit and be half a hole out.

Modern seats can be quite heavy so allow for decent sized good quality bolts.

Sean.
Custard

Awards: 4
Contributions 2012 (1) Contributions 2013 (1) Contributions 2016 (1) Contributions 2017 (1)

Ireland (ie)

Return to Interior & Trim