Marina disc brakes and wheels

Standard, alternative, alloys too
David54
New Poster
United Kingdom

Marina disc brakes and wheels

Post by David54 »

Am I right in thinking that standard Minor 14" wheels don't fit on disc brake equipped Minors. I've looked at a said equipped Traveller that's running Marina 13" wheels. Alternatively do the 'Minilite' types fit in 14"? Or any other suggestions.

charlie_morris_minor

Contribution Stars

Re: Marina disc brakes and wheels

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

moggy steels will not fit due to the stud pattern not the space inside the wheel, MG F alloys are 3.75 inch pcd which is the same as the marina / ital so you have a good choice of inexpensive alloys..

charlie_morris_minor

Contribution Stars

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

set of 4 mgf alloys on ebay for 21.20.. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-F-MG-TF-A ... SwjF9fP7z4

Custard
Ireland

Contribution Stars

Post by Custard »

Depends if your question is solely about cars with Marina based kits.

(Your title suggests that, but the question isn't clear)

Standard wheels will fit on certain ford based kits.

Some do however push the wheels out about 20mm which may not be an issue with standard wheels but can be with wider wheels.

I expect the one you saw used a Marina based kit and therefore used Marina Wheels.

I think ESM and JLH use Ford based Calipers and bespoke Alloy Hubs.

You can get Minilite clones to suit the standard Minor pattern, but sometimes have to wait for a shipment to arrive in the country.

If you go through a Minor supplier like JLH you should get the right offset etc. Some wheel suppliers would need you to advise them.

If you are not sure what kit is fitted then there could still be clearance issues. If you have neither then it probably makes sense to try and get Wheels and Brakes from the same place.

Sean.