Luminition ignition system

Standard & electronic conversions

Luminition ignition system

Postby JohnandJo2005 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Hello all,

Has anyone fitted a Luminition electronic ignition system to a 1098 A series? I bought a Powerspark distributor but I couldn’t get it to work and neither could a friend who builds Ford Zetec engines for racing, he wasn’t too impressed with it to be honest and said it was possibly faulty but as I purchased it a couple of years ago it’s way out of warranty. He had used Luminition optical ignition systems many years ago on some A series engines but never on a 1098 motor. If anyone has or is running a Luminition Optronic or Magnetronic system could you give me a bit of feed back please.

Thanks

John
JohnandJo2005

Great Britain (GB) UK England (.g)

Re: Luminition ignition system

Postby greendefender123 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:05 am

Hello, sorry dont have a luminition electronic ignition. But i do have a powerspark one. Yes they are very cheap but seem to hold up well for some. On mine i had to retard the timing alot to get it running. This seems to be the case for most people fitting them. We also use them in competition cars off road and touch wood havent had any problems yet. But they are cheap and wont all work. Hope you get sorted. If you get stuck try distributer doctor for some decent points condenser arm and cap. You cant go wrong then.

Steven
greendefender123

United Kingdom (uk)

Return to Ignition, Carburetion & Fuel