Who let all the air out?

Anything not covered by listed topics

Who let all the air out?

Postby alex_holden » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:53 am

It's very wet, windy, cold and generally unpleasant outside this morning. I was up late last night so I overslept and left the house twenty minutes later than I normally would. Not the best day to find that one of your car's tyres has deflated overnight then? When I got the wheel with the puncture off I found a screw embedded in the tyre. To add insult to injury, while I was changing the wheel the giant steel drip-tray my mum insists I put under the engine at night blew over in the wind and scratched the paint on the driver's door. Oh well, at least it was a slow puncture so I got to change it on the drive rather than at the side of the motorway.
alex_holden
Humperdink

Postby Orkney » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:09 am

What a pain :-(
Raining quite good here, grey windy & miserable - been like summer the last 2 days well apart from there being snow on the ground. Still remains of drifts lying about.
Absolutely dont want to be going out in it to be honest, on my 3rd or 4th 'just one more cup of tea'

Giant drip tray huh :-) you losing oil Alex? Oddly enough scabby loses not one drop - its the only car ive ever had you could keep in a garage with a bit of carpet down !
Orkney

Postby alex_holden » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:26 am

She drips very slightly from several places underneath for some time after a run. Unfortunately it's a fancy stone flagged drive so any drops of oil really show up on it. I used to use a smaller plastic tray but it only caught the drips from the front of the engine and it kept blowing away.

Some good news: my dad just called to say the tyre place will be able to repair the puncture if they vulcanise it.
ImageImage
If it doesn't work, hit it with a bigger hammer.
alex_holden
Humperdink

Postby Bluesman » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:00 am

Orkney - I bet that Mog doesn´t leak ´coz there´s no oil at all in it. My VW camper does the same after a while..leaks, leaks...and then stops leaking. Instead I get those weird clonking noises (that disappear if I put my foot down enough)  :lol:
Cheers/Richard
-------------------------------------------------------
Bluesman

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:21 am

A Moggy that doesn't drip any oil is a very strange beast  :D Usually the timing cover oil seal, and that oil gets blown back along the sump, and collects at the back. I've fixed every other leak but not that one (yet).

Postby smeggy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:53 pm

as a biker all i can say is it ain't a real british car/bike unless it's leaking oil :lol:
You may get to touch her
If your gloves are sterilised
Rinse your mouth with listerine
Blow disinfectant in her eyes
smeggy
swamp donkey

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:10 pm

smeggy wrote:as a biker all i can say is it ain't a real british car/bike unless it's leaking oil :lol:

My local MOT guy says just that, every time I take the Moggy in for MOT

Return to General Mog Chat