Ouch!

Anything not covered by listed topics

Postby Jon B » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:55 am

Jon, please don't misunderstand as I believe we both have the same goals, but how would you regard negative criticism of Minor Monthly openly posted on here and the MMOC site?[/quote]

Bill, dont worry I fully understand your view point and agree with it in some regards, I just feel that stating 'you can only say nice words about us' is a little daft and childish!

I'm all for critisism, think I've printed a few letters that have been sent in complaining about too many modifieds in the mag. And as said I have welcomed comments on the MMOC board and answered them accordingly. Had i simply said f*ck you then I would expect a backlash, but being told of a problem or issue that someone has I have then done my best to fix it as can be seen by the comments then made.
It will always be a tough one, but maybe the star rating could be the answer, if negative marks are given tho a space to explain these should be supplied along with a 'traders comment' box that they can then put their side of the story in.
Jon B

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:47 am

Perhaps we should consider asking traders to openly join the forum?
Judge

Postby Chickenjohn » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:51 am

Judge wrote:Perhaps we should consider asking traders to openly join the forum?

Yes, as this is not the official club forum. Why not??
Cheers John

www.ekmm.co.uk

Kent Branches Hop rally www.kenthop.co.uk
Chickenjohn

Postby Millerman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Very good idea.

It would be very interesting to hear traders' stories of the customers from hell!

I know Jonathon would post (if he has that type of customer) but it would be interesting to hear from other traders; they've all got websites so no problem and good publicity.

Perhaps admin could  email traders with the invitation as CJ as suggested.

This is a very democratic board and I have never visited Scotland! Keep up the good work.
Millerman

Awards: 1
Contributions 2011 (1)

Wales (wl)

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:57 pm

To take this thinking a stage further, perhaps someone could collate all positive suggestions in relation to the MMOC, and submit them for consideration. Hopefully this would result in a positive response, or at least be put on the AGM Agenda for further discussion.
Judge

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:53 pm

The problem as I see it, is how can the mods and general public know if a statement about poor service/goods is actually factual, and not just someone in the huff. Perhaps a simple T&C stating that it is up to an individual to back up claims about poor service.

The idea of asking traders to take an active roll in the forum is a great idea. It would give an indication of which ones value customer support, after sales service. If you look at the current shortage of some parts, and the poor fit quality of some panels, with the exception of JLH, the other traders are saying nothing.

From a legal standpoint, as this is a free open Forum and not owned by a club or directors of any organisation, then any legal action taken by a trader, would have to be against the individual posting negative comments...

Postby bigginger » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:43 pm

Is that a real, legal view? A genuine question, btw - it's something that we'll need to know if we want to leave the criticism option open.
bigginger

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:00 pm

I think that this is something that needs clarification if the board is to continue to be of use to everyone.
Judge

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:49 pm

Yes that's the law in the UK. If a Forum is not run by a club or organisation, and if the T&C's make it clear upon joining, that each individual is responsible for their actions, then any person having just cause to take legal action, can only do so against the individual.

Otherwise open Forums would be impossible to moderate/control. A company could in theory have someone post negative comments, with the intention of commiting fraudulant claims against the Forum. As the law stands, that would be pointless, as they end up sueing themselves.

Postby bigginger » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:03 pm

Time to write some terms and conditions (well, *A* term and condition) I guess
bigginger

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:09 pm

I have just sent an example to Kevin.
Judge

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:15 pm

Onwards and upwards, let nothing dampen our spirits as we strive to make this THE best Classic Car Forum. If you get any hassle, just let me know, and I'll send round the guys in black jammies roping down from the helo.  :D

Postby smeggy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:26 pm

on another forum i moderate on we had a discussion and decided the best way forward in this situation was to open a sub forum called   RECOMMENDED BY, the criteria for posting was you had to have bought something from the supplier that was mentioned, this we felt achieved 2 things, 1 people could read comments on companies that had been good to the customer, 2 bad suppliers would be noticed by there ommision in the forum.  So far it's worked for us, and has tackled the thorny issues of naming and shaming,   I am one of the few people i know who believes in true freedom of speech but it must be noticed  the majority of forums have nothing to do with freedom of speech as there are clearly defined policies in place on most forums as regards members behaviour etc.

God only knows why the volvo forums were shut my feeling is the site owners panicked and shut it down   , shame i spose.

Also it should be noted that critisms(i know i casn't spell proper) both good and bad are in fact good for buisnesses as it allows the owners to see where they are going wrong and to be honest if i was to have seen that thread develop and if the threatening of the site owners was the way the buisness went about thing i would vote with my feet and not use em

just my pennorth worth  :)
You may get to touch her
If your gloves are sterilised
Rinse your mouth with listerine
Blow disinfectant in her eyes
smeggy
swamp donkey

Previous

Return to General Mog Chat