My mate Phil has bought yet another Minor

Anything not covered by listed topics
Post Reply
User avatar
The vast minority
.
Posts: 1727
Joined: 7 years ago

Contribution Stars

My mate Phil has bought yet another Minor

Post by The vast minority »

He is now a 2 Minor family so I expect he will be driving this gem and ill be in the freshly painted 2 door in smoke grey for our meeting. Not sure how we will get a caravan there now........Maybe connect both minors and stick to second gear!

He paid a great deal of money for this, I do hope it was worth it. Apparently a full nut and bolt rebuild with no expense spared! YIKES

Looks nice though, is it porcelain green and does anyone know it?

Al
Screenshot_20210615-204252_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20210615-204252_WhatsApp.jpg (455.33 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Screenshot_20210615-204252_WhatsApp.jpg
EXIF-Data show/hide
Original image recording time:
2021:06:15 20:42:52
Image taken on:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:42 pm
Screenshot_20210615-204314_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20210615-204314_WhatsApp.jpg (439.99 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Screenshot_20210615-204314_WhatsApp.jpg
EXIF-Data show/hide
Original image recording time:
2021:06:15 20:43:14
Image taken on:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:43 pm



User avatar
Big Al
Furry Feet
Great Britain
Posts: 8860
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: North Yorkshire
Contact:

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Re: My mate Phil has bought yet another Minor

Post by Big Al »

You'll have to bring over the wobbly box first then pop home for the Moggie. Has he still got his 3 wheeler?


Image

User avatar
The vast minority
.
Posts: 1727
Joined: 7 years ago

Contribution Stars

Re: My mate Phil has bought yet another Minor

Post by The vast minority »

Nah, sold that and bought a landrover series 2A with a V8 engine from a guy who had owned it 52 years!
Hes a bit mad is Phil....



User avatar
Big Al
Furry Feet
Great Britain
Posts: 8860
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: North Yorkshire
Contact:

Contribution Stars

MMO Annual Award

Misc

Re: My mate Phil has bought yet another Minor

Post by Big Al »

Hes a bit mad is Phil....
Peas in a pod... :lol:


Image

User avatar
Custard
.
Ireland
Posts: 2833
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Blackpool

Contribution Stars

Re: My mate Phil has bought yet another Minor

Post by Custard »

Any Landrover with a V8 is eminently sensible. :D

It will tow the wobbly box a lot better than the 3 wheeler would.

Drop of a Moggy take him back for the Landrover rover and caravan and you will get more vehicles than people.

I will be in my part built camper, slowed down by COVID affecting availability of parts and assistance.

Sean.



User avatar
The vast minority
.
Posts: 1727
Joined: 7 years ago

Contribution Stars

Re: My mate Phil has bought yet another Minor

Post by The vast minority »

Big Al wrote:
1 month ago
Hes a bit mad is Phil....
Peas in a pod... :lol:
GIGGLES :D



User avatar
The vast minority
.
Posts: 1727
Joined: 7 years ago

Contribution Stars

Re: My mate Phil has bought yet another Minor

Post by The vast minority »

Custard wrote:
1 month ago
Any Landrover with a V8 is eminently sensible. :D

It will tow the wobbly box a lot better than the 3 wheeler would.

Drop of a Moggy take him back for the Landrover rover and caravan and you will get more vehicles than people.

I will be in my part built camper, slowed down by COVID affecting availability of parts and assistance.

Sean.
It will be great so see you again buddy. last time, you had just got the van, same one is it?

I have done my contest vehicle / overnight van once and now need to start again with my new one but I'm reluctant to make holes in the new one.
Just done the solar install on new one and found I can route the cables via the rear door seal, such is its depth. Solar panel itself is on a roof mounted rail system.

pic of one of my smaller contest antennas on a rotating mast on my old van. I have antennas 4 times this size!

20200919_201123.png
20200919_201123.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 284 times
20200919_201123.png



User avatar
Custard
.
Ireland
Posts: 2833
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Blackpool

Contribution Stars

Re: My mate Phil has bought yet another Minor

Post by Custard »

What type of contest? Distance reached?

Different van, the Transit was good and I did a few trips but the idea of kayak storage under the bed was only successful for days out as weekends away I needed to store more personal gear so the kayak had to go to the Roof.

As a present to myself I started looking for a van I could stand up in, but they were hard to find in lockdown. I ended up with a 2019 MWB Crafter.

So far bulkhead removed and curtains fitted behind the seats. Transverse Cabin style Bed with bike and other storage under it. Windows have arrived so will be in for the end of July, going for the caravan style as double glazed (though they are plastic) but coming complete with fly screens and blinds built in. Fitting curtains to the transit was a right pain. And there is a big Aluminium Rhino rack on it now.

I went against solar panels solely because of the need to carry kayaks so if I mounted them under the roof rack I couldn't have them tilting so their effectiveness would be reduced. And some of sites I use the nicest spots are near trees. However I am ensuring the electrics I fit can accommodate a solar feed at a later date if I stop kayaking.

I know what you mean about drilling holes, I am keeping it to the minimum. When I removed the interior trim I found a level row of holes and recessed some 3 x 2 varnished it and bolted it to the sides. All the bed frame is then fastened to that and the high level cupboards are going the same way. Its harder sorting out the random holes left from the tech screws used for the original plywood lining. They leave a big burr so its either a bigger drill bit or a countersink bit to tidy them up.

I have also kept the perimeter of the steel bulkhead to be used to cover the gap behind the B pillar trim.

You can have a good look in August.

Sean.



User avatar
The vast minority
.
Posts: 1727
Joined: 7 years ago

Contribution Stars

Re: My mate Phil has bought yet another Minor

Post by The vast minority »

Custard wrote:
1 month ago
What type of contest? Distance reached?

Different van, the Transit was good and I did a few trips but the idea of kayak storage under the bed was only successful for days out as weekends away I needed to store more personal gear so the kayak had to go to the Roof.

As a present to myself I started looking for a van I could stand up in, but they were hard to find in lockdown. I ended up with a 2019 MWB Crafter.

So far bulkhead removed and curtains fitted behind the seats. Transverse Cabin style Bed with bike and other storage under it. Windows have arrived so will be in for the end of July, going for the caravan style as double glazed (though they are plastic) but coming complete with fly screens and blinds built in. Fitting curtains to the transit was a right pain. And there is a big Aluminium Rhino rack on it now.

I went against solar panels solely because of the need to carry kayaks so if I mounted them under the roof rack I couldn't have them tilting so their effectiveness would be reduced. And some of sites I use the nicest spots are near trees. However I am ensuring the electrics I fit can accommodate a solar feed at a later date if I stop kayaking.

I know what you mean about drilling holes, I am keeping it to the minimum. When I removed the interior trim I found a level row of holes and recessed some 3 x 2 varnished it and bolted it to the sides. All the bed frame is then fastened to that and the high level cupboards are going the same way. Its harder sorting out the random holes left from the tech screws used for the original plywood lining. They leave a big burr so its either a bigger drill bit or a countersink bit to tidy them up.

I have also kept the perimeter of the steel bulkhead to be used to cover the gap behind the B pillar trim.

You can have a good look in August.

Sean.
Hi Sean, sorry, been busy.... I will have a good look at that......
I do SSB UHF/VHF contesting. Distance depends on many factors, we use aircraft scatter, tropospheric ducting and other means to get long distance.
On HF frequencies I can get to Australia on 5W across the top of the world (long path)

Not many folk know of my real hobby, ive kept it quiet all these years.... ;)

Al



Post Reply